Taxes With ITIN Number
PROFESSIONAL TAX SERVICES
TAX PREPARATION WITH ITIN NUMBER
Does Everyone Need to File an Income Tax Return?
If you live and work in the United States. You are required to file a Federal and State tax return, regardless of your immigration status. In this case, if you live in any of the cities of the state of California then you would be obliged to pay taxes to California in addition to the taxes of the federal government.
“NOT” doing your taxes implies having civil as well as criminal penalties depending on the severity of each case.
In the United States there are many people from different countries who for one reason or another have not been able to regularize their immigration status and therefore have not been able to obtain a social security number, but not having an immigration status does not exempt them pay their taxes. The Internal Revenue Department, known as IRS, grants them a Tax Identification Number known as ITIN, with which you can make Taxes.
How to get the ITIN number?
The ITIN number is used to fill out the IRS tax forms of those who do not have a social security number, their spouses and dependents so they can claim their maximum refund or make their payments to the IRS.
What documents are accepted to apply for the ITIN?
These are some of the accepted documents:
- Passport (this is the only document you can present alone).
- National identification / Consular registration number (current, with name, photograph, address, date of birth and expiration date)
- Driver’s license from the State where you live (there are several states in the United States that provide driver’s licenses to immigrants who do not have a social security number)
- Civil birth certificate (required for dependents under 18 years of age
- Military identification card from your country
- Visa (The visa found in your country’s passport)
- Proof of address
Most applicants for an ITIN have to file a valid U.S. federal income tax return and attach it to their Form W-7 or W-7 application, there are limited circumstances in which an ITIN will be issued without including a tax return.
It is very important that you visit a professional and honest tax preparer to advise you correctly and file a correct tax return with the correct documents and not be rejected for lack of documentation for not presenting the correct ones.
Villacorta Professional Services, Tax Preparation Specialist
We have years of experience in the preparation of individual taxes (Simple Form – 1040EZ), Detailed Form (1040 Long Form for business or home owners and Tax Preparation with ITIN, as well as the application and renewal of the same. We provide services in all Los Angeles County cities.